Hey Dad,
You known when I told you, towards the start of this blog that I had not regrets? Who was I kidding? I have so many regrets! So I thought what better way to get them out of my head than putting them on this post.
I regret not ringing you more.
I regret not coming to the doctors appointments with you to get the treatment you needed.
I regret not spending more time with you in 30 years.
I regret moaning about your eccentiricites, how much I wish you could be here now and act like you did.
I regret not knowing more about your life.
I regret not asking all the questions that now are too late to ask.
I regret not telling you I loved you, more than I did.
I regret asking you to move to Caerau and then leaving you there when I moved to Neath.
I wish more than anything that I could have been there on the Sunday morning before they sedated you.
If I had known that you would never wake up then I would have said everything I needed to say.
I regret as a teenager treating you with contempt.
I regret not listening to you more.
I wish you could be there when the boys graduate.
I wish you could be there when I make my first Million.
I wish you could be there when I sell my first business.
I wish you could be there when the boys marry.
I regret that we didn't go for one last coffee together.
I regret that we didn't do the art exhibition while you were alive.
Thanks for listening x
No comments:
Post a Comment